What email client do you use?

Hope you're all well at this unusual time!

I'm trying to de-Google my life a bit - especially now my GSuite cost is going up. Part of that is moving my email away from there - and I'm trying to find a nice email client for my phone and my (arch linux) desktop.

On desktop, I don't particularly like the look of Thunderbird, but it seems to work well. I've been experimenting with mutt, which I really like - but no mobile alternative.

On iOS, I liked Canary Mail - it's not cheap, but it's super powerful and has support for aliases and more. However, their privacy policy says (regarding email login details) that "All of this information is stored on your device and is never transferred to our servers." When I logged all my mobile traffic using Charles Proxy, I saw that it's phoning home to them (dev.canarymail.io:9001/post/unsubscribe) with a device identifier and my email addresses, even though I've (a) disabled analytics and (b) disabled push notifications. So I no longer feel I can trust them entirely, and ended up moving to Outlook, which is actually a very well put together app - much better than I expected.

I'm intrigued to know what other people are using for email - do you have an email setup that works well for you?

Comments