Any VPS provider where I can manage packet sizes on their firewall?

It'd be nice to drop big incoming udp packets at provider's level, but not OVH, nor Vultr allow me to do that.
Any ideas?

Comments

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

You simply will not find that.

Get a dedicated server and manage that yourself, alternatively you could get a managed switch from i3d (they offer that) and a dedicated server to go with it.

Depends if that "Nice to have" is worth paying for.

Thanked by (1)umi

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• @umi said:
    It'd be nice to drop big incoming udp packets at provider's level, but not OVH, nor Vultr allow me to do that.
    Any ideas?

We have that on our platform, you can set rate limits. We just require you obtain a dedicated (soon to be anycast) IP from us.

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Hosting ProviderOG

You could get 2 VPS, then make one a firewall - forward and filter the traffic through it.

Tab Fitts | Founder/CEO - Spry Servers
    SSD Shared Hosting || VPS || Dedicated Servers || Network Status || PHX1 LG || DAL1 LG || || AS398646 || 1-844-799-HOST (4678)

• ClouviderClouvider Hosting ProviderOG

We can setup Custom rules for you if that would help ? What location are you after ?

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@Clouvider said:
    We can setup Custom rules for you if that would help ? What location are you after ?

On a VPS?

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• ClouviderClouvider Hosting ProviderOG

@AnthonySmith said:

@Clouvider said:

On a VPS?

Sorry, I finished work at 2am, it was still early for me. I see dedicated everywhere :P

Thanked by (1)InceptionHosting
  • umiumi
    edited June 2020

Thank you! I end up using anycast offer with BuyVM in LasVegas/NewYork/Luxembourg for $6/mo for all. Incoming traffic (as well as outcoming!) is not metered so no need to limit it, and I guess for the provider the incoming traffic is free as the output traffic is prevailing so no need to bother. The OVH&Vultr provider's firewalls work ok, I can block the types of packets/ip source address, but alas, not the size ;) Although this well might be a special case where I know that my server will process only tiny packets.