Linux Mint 20 “Ulyana” Cinnamon released!

Linux Mint 20 “Ulyana” Cinnamon released!
https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3928

New features in Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon
https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_ulyana_cinnamon_whatsnew.php

Comments

• Didn't really like the name, but I guess they have to follow their naming scheme. The new taskbar items look better though.

• edited June 2020

I've really gotten to like Mint. For me, things "Just Work" (tm). At this point in my life, that's what I need. I fell in love with Linux over 20 years ago because I had the time to tinker. Nowadays, I need things to be functional the first time, and all the time. Mint provides that to me. I know many other flavors will do that, but I've taken a liking to the simplicity and ease of use.

I'm looking forward to the new release.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Hosting ProviderOG

The improvements listed for NVIDIA related stuff is really good, very close (if not the same) level of GPU support/management as PopOS! has.

CrownCloud - Internet Services | Los Angeles, California | Frankfurt, Germany | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Atlanta, Georgia | Miami, Florida

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOG

@rajprakash said:
    I've really gotten to like Mint. For me, things "Just Work" (tm). At this point in my life, that's what I need. I fell in love with Linux over 20 years ago because I had the time to tinker. Nowadays, I need things to be functional the first time, and all the time. Mint provides that to me. I know many other flavors will do that, but I've taken a liking to the simplicity and ease of use.

Similarly.
    Gave Linux a try for desktop / home use a couple of times - didn't stick. But with Mint - it just works. Very idiot friendly. Almost as good as Windows in terms of user interface. :)

Detailed info about providers whose services I've used:
    BikeGremlin web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said:

@rajprakash said:

Similarly.
    Gave Linux a try for desktop / home use a couple of times - didn't stick. But with Mint - it just works. Very idiot friendly. Almost as good as Windows in terms of user interface. :)

How does it handle multiple monitors? Haven’t given desktop Linux a try since Ubuntu first came out but I’m intrigued by Mint.

Abby @ bloom.host | Gaming-Grade Virtual Dedicated and Virtual Private Servers | DDoS protection | Ryzen 3950X Dedicated CPU $2.75/GB

• @BloomVPS said:

@bikegremlin said:

@rajprakash said:

Similarly.

How does it handle multiple monitors? Haven’t given desktop Linux a try since Ubuntu first came out but I’m intrigued by Mint.

Same like Windows

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOG

@BloomVPS said:

@bikegremlin said:

@rajprakash said:

Similarly.

Haven't tried. I use KVM switch so one monitor+keyboard+mouse can be used to control several computers, in different networks, but never used more than one monitor on my computers.

Detailed info about providers whose services I've used:
    BikeGremlin web-hosting reviews