■ Domain Name: virtmach.com
■ Expires: 2023-09-22
■ Registeret at: NameCheap
■ Starting Price: 5€ / Minimum Bid Increment: 1€
■ Bidding will end in 7 days from now, so 26.03.2023. 12:00 CET
■ Payment via PayPal + fee, epp transfer code or push to account
■ Reserve: 555€

Short for virtual machine.

AmadexHosting ForumsWebshop: Guide to Start Selling Online • Free Debit Card & Online Bank Account 🤑

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint Ganonk

Comments

• Finally a new home for my knitting fetishism website 5 euros

Thanked by (1)Amadex
  • @chris said:
    Finally a new home for my knitting fetishism website 5 euros

AmadexHosting ForumsWebshop: Guide to Start Selling Online • Free Debit Card & Online Bank Account 🤑

• 7 yurios

Thanked by (2)Amadex ehab
  • Next would be virtumach.com and then virtuamach.com and so on.

Why?

• @jmaxwell said:
    Next would be virtumach.com and then virtuamach.com and so on.

vimachi.com.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @jmaxwell said:

Good for phishing.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint ariq01
  • @jmaxwell said:

Next would be nvme2g .com and so on, fantastic for VirmAche evil affman.

Webhosting24 aff best VPS; ServerFactory aff best VDS; Cloudie best ASN; Huel aff best brotein.

• BlaZeBlaZe Hosting ProviderOG

Whoever buys this, can start refugee offers and gain all the traction from the OG company :D

Good for start!

Thanked by (1)Amadex

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations!

• Hey @Amadex , I noticed that this is published in General, rather than Domain Sales. :anguished:

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Hey @Amadex , I noticed that this is published in General, rather than Domain Sales. :anguished:

For better or for worse, I think that this was intentional. Most of his domain auctions have appeared in General

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

"A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

• On a sunny day when birds were singing, Amadex sat in front of his computer screen, his eyes fixed on the LowEndSpirit website. He had been eagerly waiting for the right moment to sell his domain, and today seemed like the perfect day.

Amadex was a seasoned domain seller and knew that the key to a successful sale was visibility. He had listed his domain auction in the Domain section of the website, but soon realized that this was not enough. The Domain section was restricted for registered users only, and if someone was logged out, they wouldn't be able to see the auction.

Frustrated, Amadex decided to take matters into his own hands. He logged onto Discord and reached out to a LowEndSpirit admin, hoping to get his domain auction moved to the General category for better visibility.

"Hey there," Amadex typed, "I was wondering if it would be possible to move my domain auction to the General category. I think it would get better visibility there."

The admin responded quickly, "Sure thing, Amadex. Let me take care of that for you."

Amadex breathed a sigh of relief as he watched his domain auction move from the restricted Domain section to the more visible General category. He knew that this would increase the chances of his auction being seen by potential buyers.

Days passed, and Amadex's auction had garnered a lot of attention. He received several bids and finally managed to sell his domain at a much higher price than he had initially anticipated.

Amadex was over the moon with the successful sale and thanked the LowEndSpirit admin for their help. He knew that without their assistance, his auction may not have been as successful.

From that day forward, Amadex always remembered the importance of visibility when it came to domain auctions. He also knew that sometimes, a little help from others could go a long way in achieving success.

• edited March 2023

^ Good Jackanory; I enjoyed that. :D

Thanked by (1)Amadex

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• LOL!

Thanked by (1)Amadex

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• 12 European Credits

• Virmouch :o

• @chris said: 12 European Credits

• 15 European Funny Monies with Margret Thatcher's Vagina on full display

"I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that meddling Frankz and Mason!!"

• 18 eurobucks

• 20 funny monies with @Nekki's ass on em

"I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that meddling Frankz and Mason!!"

• 22 funnier monies

• getvirmached.xxx

• I will not pretend to understand trademark law, but can't this be potentially trademark infringement, since the name can clearly lead to confusion?

Even if it is not infringing on their trademark, it seems unethical to me and a bad gesture towards any provider in this community.

I doubt that an auction for the name inceptionhost.com (which is available) would be allowed to prosper, just to put an example.

I understand that this forum does not take itself too seriously, and that VirMach fell out of favour, but I am surprised to be the first one pointing out this.

Just my 2 cents

• edited March 2023

@Nyr said:
    I will not pretend to understand trademark law, but can't this be potentially trademark infringement, since the name can clearly lead to confusion?

Even if it is not infringing on their trademark, it seems unethical to me and a bad gesture towards any provider in this community.

I doubt that an auction for the name inceptionhost.com (which is available) would be allowed to prosper, just to put an example.

I understand that this forum does not take itself too seriously, and that VirMach fell out of favour, but I am surprised to be the first one pointing out this.

Just my 2 cents

From legal point of view, even if someone would register a brand after the domain registration date... it would be naah.

• @Amadex said:

@Nyr said:
    I will not pretend to understand trademark law, but can't this be potentially trademark infringement, since the name can clearly lead to confusion?

Just my 2 cents

From legal point of view, even if someone would register a brand after the domain registration date... it would be naah.

See serial number 88503924 with the USPTO.

• @TheDP expert we need you, give us your opinion.

• @Amadex said:
    @TheDP expert we need you, give us your opinion.

I’m no expert, nor am I a lawyer.

You’re the seasoned domain seller, I/we should be asking you instead :smiley:

Also, why would you want opinion from a “mental ill person”? 🤔

Thanked by (1)Amadex

• 23 subpar tokens

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited March 2023

Can't afford the reserve but I'll bid 25.

@TheDP said:

@jmaxwell said:

vimachi.com.

Sorry, already own it. We registered all the top misspellings and such, this wasn't one of them but Google did seem to think it was too close and gave a maybe phishing warning, probably does that to people who visit a similar site that's more popular I assume.

@Amadex said: From legal point of view, even if someone would register a brand after the domain registration date... it would be naah.

If you tried to get a trademark for it in the US at least in the same category it'd most likely be rejected and if it gets turned into a similar category website to where people get genuinely confused, or malicious intent could be proven, it could definitely be legally pursued.

Here's a general guide:
    https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/search/likelihood-confusion

Thanked by (4)shallow skorous TheDP FrankZ
  • I'll do 26