Thanked by (1)dejan

Detailed info about providers whose services I've used:
    BikeGremlin web-hosting reviews

• CalinCalin Hosting Provider

Welcome to the party

Thanked by (1)dejan
  • edited March 2023

@dejan said:
    Gmailify.com provides an own SMTP relay with dedicated ranges which can be accessed only by Gmail. It is inaccessible for standalone email clients; the whole service is built around Gmail.

Hello
    Gmailify seems interesting to me (with out going through all the hassle to use gmail with my domain)
    I do not use gmail app because if you try to login that gmail in a browser, they will ask to verify a code in phone. Protection wise its good, But too much hassle for a non-work/play account.
    To avoid the above mentioned hassle, I use a 3rd part email client/app (Aqua Mail).
    If I buy a plan from gmailify.com, can I use it with 3rd party email client/app?

Thanked by (1)dejan
  • hey and welcome

what is your stance on Free Speech as E-Mail provider?
    Would you drop a client because the domain contains some controversial content(despite you not having anything to do with it)?
    Talking about situations where certain group may be upset over something they don't like(but is legal) and start to threaten the hosting provider. Also of course, journos...

Thanked by (1)dejan
  • dejandejan Services Provider

@adwsislife said:

@dejan said:
    Gmailify.com provides an own SMTP relay with dedicated ranges which can be accessed only by Gmail. It is inaccessible for standalone email clients; the whole service is built around Gmail.

Hello
    Gmailify seems interesting to me (with out going through all the hassle to use gmail with my domain)
    I do not use gmail app because if you try to login that gmail in a browser, they will ask to verify a code in phone. Protection wise its good, But too much hassle for a non-work/play account.
    To avoid the above mentioned hassle, I use a 3rd part email client/app (Aqua Mail).
    If I buy a plan from gmailify.com, can I use it with 3rd party email client/app?

Unfortunately not, the POP3 and SMTP accesses are sandboxed to Gmail. However, you can use Migadu for that, as the plans are flat.

edited March 2023

@treesmokah said:
    hey and welcome

what is your stance on Free Speech as E-Mail provider?
    Would you drop a client because the domain contains some controversial content(despite you not having anything to do with it)?
    Talking about situations where certain group may be upset over something they don't like(but is legal) and start to threaten the hosting provider. Also of course, journos...

As long as the email service is not used for illegal activities (spam, phishing, extortion, harassment - coming through a complaint), your business is your business.

Thanked by (1)treesmokah
  • @dejan said:

@adwsislife said:

@dejan said:

Hello

Unfortunately not, the POP3 and SMTP accesses are sandboxed to Gmail. However, you can use Migadu for that, as the plans are flat.

Very sad lyf :(

@adwsislife said:

I am sorry, I misunderstood your question. Of course you can. You are not accessing Gmailify but rather Gmail, and you can use Gmail on other devices and email clients using IMAP/SMTP. I use Thunderbird for instance on the desktop. Your mails for your custom domain arrive in Gmail and if you configure it right in own label too, which on other clients shows as folder.

• @dejan said:

@adwsislife said:

I am sorry, I misunderstood your question. Of course you can. You are not accessing Gmailify but rather Gmail, and you can use Gmail on other devices and email clients using IMAP/SMTP. I use Thunderbird for instance on the desktop. Your mails for your custom domain arrive in Gmail and if you configure it right in own label too, which on other clients shows as folder.

Awesome. Will buy plan soon :)

Thanked by (1)dejan
  • I just want say, thanks for awesome service for long time. I use your service since free plan and upgrade to paid one and still using until now as business email.

Thanked by (1)dejan
  • jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG

Welcome! Hats off to a fellow email nerd ♥️

Thanked by (2)dejan flips

Hate radiates from the source. If you look around and see it everywhere, it's coming from you.