Providers offering a DirectAdmin licence

I am in need of a new DirectAdmin VPS or dedicated for use on my free hosting service. As some know I sold my company recently and currently prohibited from offering paid hosting but I want to keep my hand in, hence the free offer.

I started offering some shared in the UK and LUX as well as some small reseller services in The Netherlands not thinking I would need anymore but demand has been good so I need something more powerful.

I prefer to start with the Netherlands so I could migrate people without changing their present location but I could leave that in place and go for some other location if needed. In which case, any location in Western EU or an East Coast USA that is well connected to the EU.

Probably look at the UK last. The stupid thing was I cancelled a good black Friday box from Inception as I got offered a great dedi in its place. I would have just used it.

Budget, up to £50 (monthly). That is inc DA of course.

I just can't find that many offering DA unless I am missing them. If I have to I will purchase a licence direct but with so many bundling it these days it just seems a bit silly to pay full price.

Must be a decent provider though, it might be free, but I don't do shitty services, I would get lynched on LET given the rants I do over there.

Comments

• IntoVPS.com with their Amsterdam location, maybe?
    https://intovps.com/plans.html

Thanked by (1)uptime

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• @Clouvider said: How can we help?

What do you suggest for the budget?

@Amitz said:
    IntoVPS.com with their Amsterdam location, maybe?
    https://intovps.com/plans.html

Not sure I have heard of them, are they good? It sounds like intodns which is a nice service.

• AmitzAmitz OG
    edited February 2020

They are the same people who run intodns.com. They exist since many, many years.
    I have no service there currently, so I cannot comment on the quality, but it cannot be too bad, given how long they are in business. I used them 5 years ago, was flawless.

Thanked by (1)Lee

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).

• Ah, that makes sense, will have a look at the review.

Also, how could I forget Ramnode!

Thanked by (1)Nick_A
  • ClouviderClouvider Hosting ProviderOG

In Amsterdam can probably do the 6 Core Xeon, 16GB memory and NVMe for £55 incl. DA, can discuss more via PM :-)?

Thanked by (1)Lee
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider
    edited February 2020

IntoVPS have been great. I have a (virtual) server in their Amsterdam location. It works well and their support is very active.

If you wanted faster processing speeds and newer/shinier hardware you'll probably want to pm @Clouvider though :P

Edit: Also: NVMe not in their Amsterdam location so that too.

Thanked by (3)Lee vimalware Clouvider
  • Thanks, I will give it until tomorrow and see what else is suggested then take it from there. Good options so far.

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee Clouvider
  • Sir @Lee if you chose to give the little guys a shot, we do offer Da+Softaculous bundle for $3/mo :)

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee Lee
  • @Lee said: Not sure I have heard of them, are they good?

They have been around for a very long time and their price/quality ratio is excellent.

Thanked by (2)vimalware Lee
  • AK_KWHAK_KWH Hosting ProviderOG
    edited February 2020

Checkout our free Directadmin plans + Free Basic management
    Maybe it suits your budget
    France, phoenix available
    https://khanwebhost.com/vps-hosting.php

KhanWebHost Cheap Shared Hosting | Cheap KVM VPS (DE,UK,US,FR) | KVM Sale - LES Offers

• So, what was your choice in the end?

• @Amitz said:
    So, what was your choice in the end?

To be honest, I have had so many messages here, LET, Skype and so on asking to provide help. Mark from DA has also been in touch to support. A bit surprised by all the support and interest. So I am still in the midst of talking to people right now.

Trying to get sorted and do a proper launch in the next few days.

Thanked by (2)Amitz vyas
  • I just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone that got in touch, I appreciate there were many from the other site but I am sure you will see this post anyway. I have not been able to get back to everyone as quickly as I would have liked.

Whilst I am truly grateful for all the offers of services to help out with this free project I will need to decline all the hosting related offers. It is absolutely not that I don't appreciate the offers, but I want to keep the service in whatever it's final form is as clean and free from dependencies I cannot completely control as I can.

I choose the services and pay for them, that way I live and die by the decision of who I use to provide the service, just the way I work.

If I accept gratis hosting services then I end up reluctant to challenge slow support, performance issues and that kind of thing. I know right, it's a free service, but really, I want it to be a consistently good service as a minimum.

Thanked by (1)casadebamburojo
  • WSSWSS Retired

@Lee said:
    I choose the services and pay for them, that way I live and die by the decision of who I use to provide the service, just the way I work.

What do you do, again? C'grats on having ethics. It's not the most common in this industry anymore.

My pronouns are asshole/asshole/asshole. I will give you the same courtesy.

• @Lee said: Also, how could I forget Ramnode!

:'(

RamNode: High Performance Cloud VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection

• visualwebtechnovisualwebtechno Hosting ProviderOG

Yes i agree intovps has great offering vps with directadmin

• ClouviderClouvider Hosting ProviderOG

We hope you consider us in the future, would love to have you on board!

Thanked by (1)vpsgeek
  • LeeLee OG
    edited February 2020

Sorry, I clearly caused confusion. When I said I would need to decline all offers of hosting services, I was only referring to those that got in touch who wanted to offer me hosting services free of charge to help out.

Not completed all the purchases I need. But in any event, I will be in touch with anyone that I am interested in.

Thanked by (1)Clouvider