Set up VPS to circumvent CG-NAT

edited April 2020 in Technical

Hello LES,

I learned about you guys from this post.

https://medium.com/@gabriel.bentara/ngrok-you-might-not-need-it-de4e3e34a55d

Background
* My older ISP provided me with the dedicated DHCP of public addresses.
* I used Dynamic DNS service from duckdns.org to get a domain name that tracks the IP i was provided by my ISP. Say mydomain.duckdns.org.
* I have port forwarding at my router, which easily route the requests to my server.
* I use a nginx reverse proxy on my server that routes requests to appropriate instances based on subdomain used such as subdomain1.mydomain.duckdns.org, subdomain2.mydomain.duckdns.org etc.
* I used Lets-encrypt to obtain certificates that allowed me to use HTTPS for web.

Situation
* I recently switched ISPs, this one uses CG-NAT. Thus I no longer have a public IP address anymore, I am likely behind multiple routers by the ISP.
* My existing setup is no longer accessible from web.
* I'd like to circumvent the CG-NAT, by using a SSH tunnel link to my server and routing the traffic through it.
* I tried signing up at mrvm.net, but think I screwed up things as a result, my services of a VPS is categorized as 'Fraud'

Is there a guide on how to set things up correctly? I am assuming the VPS IP is going to be constant, may be I can setup a cron to update my dynamic IP whenever the VPS IP changes.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Noble

Comments

• WSSWSS Retired

Contact MrVM and see what your issue is. Bad/wrong address to mapped address does this automatically. Certain payments do as well.

If your network is setup to allow constant tcp connections you could just run an SSH or other tunnel to it.

My pronouns are asshole/asshole/asshole. I will give you the same courtesy.

• If you are looking to map certain ports, a NAT VPS might not work for you as they only assign a range of ports (usually 20 of them) based on your internal IP.

• ClouviderClouvider Hosting ProviderOG

You can perhaps setup a VPN instead of the SSH tunnel, that should be a more elastic solution.